DATA PRIVACY, PROTECTION & COOKIE NOTICE
This Privacy Notice is effective as of the 16th of June, 2022.
BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE PLEASE DO NOT USE, REGISTER OR ACCESS THIS WEBSITE.
For the purpose of this Data Privacy, Protection & Cookie Notice:
You must be at least 18 years old to use our Services or any of our Platform
Consent means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the Data Subject’s wishes by which they, through a statement or a clear affirmative action, signify their agreement to the processing of Personal Information relating to them.
Personal Data/Information means information relating to you, which may include your name, location data, online identifier address, email address, pins, passwords, phone number, and other unique identifiers such as but not limited to IP address, IMEI number, Bank Verification Number, IMSI Number, SIM and others.
Process/Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on your Personal Data or sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
By Website, we mean our website with URL: www.payedin.co
This Data Privacy, Protection and Cookie Notice (“Notice”) describes your privacy rights in respect of PayedIn Technology Limited’s (hereinafter referred to as “PayedIn Technology, “we”, “us” or “our”) collection, use, storage, sharing and protection of your personal information. It applies to our website and all related sites, applications, services and tools regardless of how you access or use them. This Notice covers our website www.payedin.co, including any page that is enabled for use by a mobile device as operated and controlled by PayedIn Technology. This Notice covers information collected at our website and may also apply to the information that PayedIn Technology collects via Mobile App, but only if specifically stated at the time of collection or if the information is combined in our databases.
The sole purpose of this Notice is to give you information on how PayedIn Technology collects, uses, discloses, and processes your personal data including personal information when you access, register or use our website or mobile application to avail the services that we offer. It will help you understand how we use your information and what we do with it. Please kindly note that this Notice does not apply to services that are not owned or controlled by PayedIn Technology, including third-party websites and the services of other PayedIn Technology’s merchants. Our goal is to handle personal data provided to us in compliance with the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation, 2019 and other applicable data privacy and protection laws. This Privacy Notice applies to all forms of systems, operations and processes within the PayedIn Technology environment that involve the collection, storage, use, transmission and disposal of Personal Data and Information.
We respect the privacy of our online visitors and registered users (“Users”) as such we will take reasonable steps to protect your information.
To use our website or any of our products or services, your consent is required for the use of your data as described in this Notice.
By mere use of our website, you expressly consent to our use and disclosure of your Personal Information (as defined below) and third-party information in accordance with this Notice.
- Withdrawing your consent
You may withdraw your consent to stop the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information after signing up, by contacting us at support@payedIn.co.
COMPANY OVERVIEW : PayedIn Technology is an e-commerce platform in Nigeria. Our mission is to provide a one-stop digital shop
for all our customers’ needs as we make commerce better, easier and more convenient for everyone. This Notice is intended to set certain standards across the operations of PayedIn Technology.
OUR VALUES : We hold our customers in high esteem and will treat everything as regards them in good faith. The following values will guide how we deal with your data- trust, and respect for privacy. These values should help you better understand how we think about your Personal Data/Personal Information and privacy.
UPDATES, MODIFICATIONS & AMENDMENTS:
We may need to update, modify or amend this Notice as our technology evolves and as required by law and in line with international best practices. We reserve the right to make changes to this Notice from time to time and willnotify Users of material changes. The Notice will apply from the effective date provided at the top of this Notice. We advise that you check this page often, referring to the date of the last modification on this page. If a User objects to any of the changes to this Notice, the User must cease using this website, or terminate their account in the event an account has been created.
AGE RESTRICTION: Our website and services are not directed to individuals under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect information from individuals under the age of 18. If as a parent or guardian, you become aware that your child or ward has provided us with any information without your consent, please contact us through the details provided in this Notice. Individuals under the age of 18, or applicable age of maturity, may utilize our Platforms services only with the supervision of a parent or legal guardian, and under such person’s account.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA: In the course of your engagement with us or with third parties through our Platforms, we may collect your Personal Data in the following ways:
- Merchants: We may collect or share your Personal Data or Personal Information with the Merchants on our platform to ensure a customized user experience for you. You may be required to enter your name, email address, address, phone number, organisation information, business information or other details to help you with an easy setup process.
- Automatic Information Collection: We may automatically collect information upon your engagement with us or our Platforms through your computer, mobile phones, and other access devices. The information sent includes but is not limited to data about our pages and Services that you access, geo-location information; statistics on page views; traffic to and from our Platforms.
- Information from downloads: When you download or use our digital Platforms or access our website-www.payedin.co, we may receive non-personal information from your mobile device about your location, number of downloads, and geo-location of downloads. You may disable your location in the settings menu of your device.
- Physically or Digitally Provided Information: We may collect and process your information when you create and/or update your account on our Platform; complete forms, questionnaires, surveys etc. When you use our Services, we may also collect information about your transactions and your activities. In addition, when you open an account or wallet on our Platform, we may collect information such as your contact information, which includes your name, address, phone number, email or other similar information.
- Third Parties: We may also receive your information from third parties such as guardians, identity verification services, vendors, and service providers etc. We will not sell, trade, or in any way transfer to third parties your personal information. But however, visitors’, information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Social Media: We also receive information through your engagements with us on social media sites (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc). This includes, but are not limited to your replies to our posts, your comments, enquiries, messages to us, etc. We may also collect information from your public profile and updates on social media.
PayedIn Technology is firmly committed to complying with all applicable data protection laws, regulations, rules and principles to ensure security of Personal Information handled by the Company. If you register for an account or use any of Platforms, we collect Personal Information which you voluntarily provide to us. Personal Information refers to information relating to an identified person or information that can be used to identify you, (e.g., email address, bank details, name, telephone number). It may also include anonymous information that may be linked to you specifically, (e.g., IP address).
We use your Personal Information to:
- provide you with the required services
- respond to your questions or requests;
- improve features, website content, and analyze data to develop products and services.
- address inappropriate use of our website
- prevent, detect and manage risk against fraud and illegal activities using internal and third-party
- send you marketing content, newsletters and service updates curated by PayedIn Technology,
however, we will provide you with an option to unsubscribe if you do not want to hear from us
- verify your identity and the information you provide in line with PayedIn Technology’ statutory
obligations using internal and third-party tools
- maintain up-to-date records
- resolve disputes that may arise, including investigations by law enforcement or regulatory bodies
- any other purpose that we disclose to you in the course of providing our services to you
We may retrieve additional Personal Information about you from third parties and other identification/verification services such as your financial institution and payment processor. With your consent, we may also collect additional Personal Information in other ways including emails, surveys, and other forms of communication. Once you begin using our services through your PayedIn Technology
account we will keep records of your transactions and collect information of your other activities related to our services. We will not share or disclose your Personal Information with a third party without your consent except with the Merchants you deal with via our platform and as may be required for the purpose of providing you with our services or under applicable legislation.
In providing you with the services, we may rely on third-party servers located in foreign jurisdictions from
time to time, which as a result, may require the transfer or maintenance of your personally identifiable
information on computers or servers in foreign jurisdictions. We will endeavor to ensure that such foreign
jurisdictions have data protection legislation that is no less than the existing data protection regulations in
force in Nigeria and your personally identifiable information is treated in a safe and secure manner.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM WEBSITE VISITORS
We do not collect your Personal Information when you visit our website. However, so we can monitor and improve our website and services we may collect non-personally identifiable information. We will not share or disclose this information with third parties except as a necessary part of providing our services. We may use the information to target advertisements to you.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM TEST USERS
When you test our services using the , we collect both non-personally identifiable information and personally identifiable information. Information we collect include your IP address, information about your computer, and other standard web log information to monitor the test transactions. we implement access control measures, security protocols and standards including the use of encryption and firewall technologies to ensure your card information is safe and secure in our servers, additionally, we implement periodical security updates to ensure that our security infrastructures are in compliance with reasonable industry standards. We will not share and disclose your card information.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM CHECKOUT USERS
MODE OF COLLECTION
We collect your information when you fill out a form or enter your information on our mobile application or website.
How we process your information
To enable us to serve you better, we may use the personal information we collect from you when you register, to make an online payment, verify, authenticate, authorize your use of our products or services and manage our relationship with you.
How we protect your information
We take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices when a customer enters, registers, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of their personal information. This means that your transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Our website is scanned via malware scanning on a regular basis to tackle security lapses and vulnerabilities in order to ensure that your visit to our website is safe. Your personal information is safe and secured with sensitive information encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
PayedIn Technology collects Personal Information only for identified purposes and for which consent has been obtained. Such Personal Information cannot be reused for another purpose that is incompatible with the original purpose, except consent is obtained for such purpose.
PayedIn Technology limits Personal Data or Information collection and usage to data that is relevant, adequate, and absolutely necessary for carrying out the purpose for which the data is processed. PayedIn Technology will evaluate whether and to what extent the processing of Personal Information is necessary and where the purpose allows, anonymized data will be used.
TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION (“2FA”)
2FA is an additional layer of security we have added to your account. When 2FA is enabled, you will be required to enter a One Time Password (OTP) (which is a verification code we will send to you for authentication purposes), each time you checkout using PayedIn Technology on a merchant’s website or platform. While we encourage you to enable this feature on every transaction, you may choose to disable the 2FA feature after your initial enrolment by clicking on the toggle button to disable. However, if you choose to disable this feature, you agree that PayedIn Technology shall not be liable for any loss or damages incurred as a result of your action.
Our cookies never store personal or sensitive information; they simply hold a unique random reference to you so that once you visit our website and we can recognize who you are and provide certain content to you. If your browser or browser add-on permits, you have the choice to disable cookies on our website, however this may impact your experience using our website.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
PayedIn Technology shall establish adequate controls in order to protect the integrity and confidentiality of Personal Information, both in digital and physical format and to prevent Personal Information from being accidentally or deliberately compromised. PayedIn Technology is committed to managing your Personal Information in line with global industry best practices. We protect your Personal Information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access,
disclosure and alteration, we also use industry recommended security protocols to safeguard your Personal Information. Other security safeguards include but are not limited to data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to our building and files and only granting access to Personal Information to only employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. Any Personal Information processing undertaken by an employee who has not been authorized to carry such out as part of their legitimate duties is unauthorized. Employees may have access to Personal Information only as is appropriate for the type and scope of the task in question and are forbidden to use Personal Information for their own private or commercial purposes or to disclose them to unauthorized persons, or to make them available in any other way.
HOW WE SHARE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
PayedIn Technology does not sell, trade or rent personal information to anyone. However, to enable us to render our services to you on our website, we may share your information with trusted third parties, such third parties include merchants that you shop with, financial institutions, payment processors verification services, sanctions screening and identity verification services as well as any third parties that you have directly authorized to receive your Personal Information. Your Personal Information may be stored in locations outside the direct control of PayedIn Technology, for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers. We may disclose your Personal Information in compliance with applicable law or a legal obligation to which we are bound.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
THIRD-PARTY PROCESSOR WITHIN NIGERIA
PayedIn Technology may engage the services of third parties in order to process the Personal Information of Data Subjects collected by the PayedIn Technology. The processing by such third parties shall be governed by a written contract with PayedIn Technology to ensure adequate protection and security measures are put in place by the third party for the protection of Personal Information in accordance with the terms of this Notice.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO A FOREIGN COUNTRY
Where Personal Information is to be transferred to a country outside of where the Information is currently domiciled, PayedIn Technology shall put adequate measures in place to ensure the security of such Personal Information.
Transfer of Personal Information will be in accordance with the provisions of relevant laws. :
- The consent of the Data Subject has been obtained;
- The transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between PayedIn Technology and the Data Subject or implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at the Data Subject’s request;
- The transfer is necessary to conclude a contract between PayedIn Technology and a third party in the interest of the Data Subject;
- The transfer is necessary for reason of public interest;
- The transfer is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- The transfer is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the Data Subjects or other persons, where the Data Subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent.
PayedIn Technology will take all necessary steps to ensure that Personal Data or Information is transmitted in a safe and secure manner. Details of the protection given when your Personal Information is transferred shall be provided to you upon request.
- the Data Subject has given consent to the processing of his/her Personal Information for one or more
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the Data Subject is party or in
order to take steps at the request of the Data Subject prior to entering into a contract
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which PayedIn Technology is subject
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the Data Subject or of another natural
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in exercise
of official public mandate vested in PayedIn Technology.
We kindly request that you carefully read through this Data Privacy, Protection, and Cookie Notice and click on the ‘Agree’ icon below, if you consent to the terms of this Notice, particularly with respect to the processing of your Personal Data. That notwithstanding, if you proceed to use any of our Platforms, website: www.payedin.co and Services, it will be deemed that you have provided your express consent to the terms of this Data Privacy, Protection Notice.
CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Individuals who have Personal Information held by PayedIn Technology are entitled to reach out to PayedIn Technology to exercise the following rights:
- Right to request for and access their Personal Information collected and stored. Where data is held
electronically in a structured form, such as in a Database, the Data Subject has a right to receive that
data in a common electronic format
- Right to information on their personal information collected and stored
- Right to objection or request for restriction
- Right to object to automated decision making
- Right to request rectification and modification of Personal Information which PayedIn Technology
- Right to request for deletion of their data
- Right to request rectification and modification of Personal Information which PayedIn Technology
- Right to request for deletion of their data
- Right to request the movement of data from PayedIn Technology to a third party; this is the right to the
portability of data; and
- Right to object to, and to request that PayedIn Technology restricts the processing of their information.
Your request will be reviewed by PayedIn Technology’s Data Protection Officer and carried out except as restricted by law or PayedIn Technology’s statutory obligations. You may decline to provide your personal Information when it is requested by PayedIn Technology, however, certain services or all the services may be unavailable to you should you decline to provide your Personal Information when it is requested. You may review your account settings and update your Personal Information directly or by contacting us.
THE DATA THAT WE RETAIN
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide our services to you, comply with our legal and statutory obligations or verify your information with a financial institution. PayedIn Technology is statutorily obligated to retain the data you provide us with in order to process transactions, ensure settlements, make refunds, identify fraud and in compliance with laws and regulatory guidelines applicable to us, our banking providers and card processors. Therefore, even after closing your PayedIn Technology account, we will retain certain Personal Information and transaction data to comply with these obligations. All Personal Information shall be destroyed by PayedIn Technology where possible. For all Personal Data and records obtained, used and stored by PayedIn Technology, we shall perform periodical reviews of the data retained to confirm the accuracy, purpose, validity and requirement to retain. The length of storage of Personal Information shall, amongst other things, be determined by:
- the contract terms agreed between PayedIn Technology and the Data Subject or as long as it is needed
for the purpose for which it was obtained; or
- whether the transaction or relationship has statutory implication or a required retention period; or
- whether there is an express request for deletion of Personal Data by the Data Subject, provided that
such request will only be treated where the Data Subject is not under any investigation which may
require PayedIn Technology to retain such Personal Data or there is no subsisting contractual
arrangement with the Data Subject that would require the processing of the Personal Data; or
- whether PayedIn Technology has another lawful basis for retaining that information beyond the period
for which it is necessary to serve the original purpose
CONTACT PAYEDIN TECHNOLOGY DATA PROTECTION OFFICER (DPO)
If you have any questions relating to this Notice or would like to find out more about exercising your data protection rights, please reach out to our DPO via email at support@payedIn.co
PayedIn Technology maintains a data breach procedure in order to deal with incidents concerning Personal Information or practices leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, Personal Information transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. You may contact our DPO upon becoming aware of any breach of Personal Information or if your access credentials have been compromised, to enable us to take the necessary steps towards ensuring the security of your Personal Information or account.